To ensure an enjoyable experience.....
hire the right people!
Employment at Gorge Vale Golf Club
Located just minutes from downtown Victoria's inner harbor, GVGC has the proud distinction of being one of the premier semi-private golf facilities on Vancouver Island. Established in 1927, this mature, traditional course with its park-like setting, undulating fairways and rock outcroppings make you forget you are in the middle of an urban area.
Spread over 143 acres, the 18 hole , par 72 championship layout treats member and guests to premium playing conditions year round. Not to be overlooked is our recently renovated clubhouse which features a large banquet / dining room, an adult lounge and an extensive patio area that takes full advantage of the beautiful surroundings.
Within the various departments at the Club, you will find a variety of unique and wonderful employment opportunities. Whether you are interested in course maintenance, golf shop services or in our food & beverage areas GVGC is focused on hiring motivated individuals who will provide courteous, professional, and efficient service to all members and guests. Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and high energy levels are required of qualified applicants!
We recognize that a key part of improving our performance is providing the right work environment for our people. To this end, we seek to find, hire and retain the best people available for all of our positions. We believe that a dedicated work force makes good business sense and helps us to deliver the best golf experience every day. If you are energetic and enjoy people, there may be a spot for you on our team. Gorge Vale Golf Club is waiting for you!
Exciting opportunity at the Gorge Vale Golf Club for an Executive Chef. We are seeking a team player with a positive attitude and a passion for cooking. The Executive Chef is responsible for leading and managing the kitchen team and working in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager and Management Team to facilitate and deliver outstanding member services.
- A minimum of 5 years full time senior kitchen management experience working within a food & beverage operation of a similar scale and quality
- Culinary Education and Red Seal Certification for a minimum of 5 years
- Excellent culinary skills, able to perform all functions in culinary department
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Experience in high quality volume operations
- Experienced in purchasing, inventory control & costing
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced in budgeting, forecasting and has a good operational knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
We value the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please!
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Fax: (250) 383-9244
Gorge Vale Golf Club
1005 Craigflower Rd.
Victoria, BC, V9A 2X9