GV is a heritage course, designed by A.V. Macan in 1927 to showcase West Coast golf as it was meant to be....a walk in a secluded park filled with undulating fairways, rock outcroppings and trees which are centuries old. We've built on our classic links design with modern greens and water features.
- Since our humble beginnings almost a century ago, GV has continued to develop and improve.
- A.V. 'Mac' Macan as a genius who used his artistic talents to let the earth shape many of the greatest golf courses in the Northwest.
- GV's 12th hole is one of Vancouver Island's most unique. It is a visually stunning, (and difficult), 447-yard uphill par 4, which is bordered by a National Historic site - God's Acre.
- GV was built on a heritage classic links design and the 2001 renovation by renowned golf architect Les Furber brought in modern greens, better drainage and water features.
- Because our course requires creativity and finesse, we have a rich tradition of champion men and women.
- We are proud to have many third and fourth generation members. We were the first club in the Victoria area to welcome women as equal members.
- We began with the humblest of clubhouses and have evolved to provide our members with everything from fine dining to our casual lounge with a patio and magnificent course view.